After waiting patiently since the September launch of the Capital Bikeshare sysem, I can finally see a docking station from my office window in Rosslyn. On Monday, Capital Bikeshare launched four new stations in the Rosslyn Urban Village of Arlington - with future plans to expand throughout the Rosslyn-Ballston corridor.
Having previously been able to enjoy using the Bikeshare system during visits to the District and Crystal City, I've been anticipating the arrival of bikes right outside my office. Here are 5 reasons I'm excited to finally have Capital Bikeshare in the neighborhood:
1. Having bike access will at least triple the radius of food truck options available to me during lunch time.
2. My 18 minute walk from the office to the gym can now be reduced to a 5 minute bike ride.
3. The ability to take better advantage of the nice weather when heading into the District after work for events, happy hours, etc.
4. Having more legitimate reasons to use the system, instead of inventing unnecessary trips and errands just to take a short ride.
5. Watching the jealous, awestruck look on people's faces when I cruise by on a shiny, red Capital Bikeshare bike.
Have you visited any of the new stations yet? You can learn all about them through the BikeArlington Scavenger Hunt, starting April 22nd!
Brett Jones is a Business Development Manager with Arlington Transportation Partners.