At BikeArlington, we believe that for a commute within the DC urban core, biking is often the fastest mode. More importantly, we are willing to put our theory to the test!
We are looking for some commuters to “challenge” BikeArlington by giving us the basic details of your daily commute. We will make the same trip by bike, compare times, and report back on our experiences and results. That is the essence of Bike Vs…
To ensure a fair Bike Vs. comparison, we’ve set some ground rules:
- Trip time is door to door.
- All trips will be made during morning rush hour, 7-9am.
- Cyclist will obey all traffic rules, wear office attire (plus helmet), and ride at a comfortable and reasonable pace.
- Trips must start or finish in Arlington County (we are BikeArlington after all), and the whole trip must be inside the D.C. Beltway.
The commute details we need from you, Bike Vs. challengers, are:
- Your first name.
- Start point of your commute (street block address or building address is fine if you don’t want to give your home address).
- Finish point of your commute (street block address or building address).
- Mode (or modes) of commuting you typically use.
- Total time for your daily commute, door to door, during morning rush hour (be honest!)
If you’re ready for the Bike Vs. Challenge, just provide your commute details in the comment section below, or send to email@example.com. Once we get your details, we will ride your route, time it, and report back with the comparison!
BikeArlington is an initiative of Arlington County, Virginia to encourage and enable more people to go by bike more often. To stay up to date on biking in Arlington, follow BikeArlington on Twitter.